Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Three Little Gifts From Me, To Me

I'm a student, and it's a well-known fact that students don't have that much money to go around. At the end of this holiday season, though, I found myself with a little extra, and I decided to give myself a little something.

Three books on the craft of writing.

It should be understood I can't pick those books at local libraries. They have a limited english selection, which does not include anything on the craft of writing. Plus, there are very few of these books that are translated. When I checked a few 'classics', all I found was King's On Writing, which I promptly devoured.

So what do I have now?
  • How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy, Orson Scott Card
  • Write Great Fiction : Plot and Structure, James Scott Bell (apparently I picked "Scott" people ..?)
  • Writing the Breakout Novel, Donal Maass
I'll be starting with Maass. He's by far one of the most often recommended book I've seen around. Hopefully I'll learn something from all of these before I jump into the (fast-approaching) next draft of White Echoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment