Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fire! Fire! And I Give In to the Campaign

Who knew I had a pyromaniac among my followers? Not that it should be surprising, considering the company I keep. It remains, last week the lovely Jennifer Burke set my blog on fire.

FWOOSH! (I like saying fwoosh)
Thanks Jen! What's not to love in an award that comes with multiple silly questions!

1. Are you a rutabaga?

  No, I'm soft and pink. But I can tell you the code for that veggie in on my till is 4747, and you pay by weight. Part of me wish I didn't know such things, but they make me an efficient cashier. Oh well.

2. Who is your current crush?

You mean, apart from my boyfriend? Luigi (yes yes, from Mario Bros). But Luigi has been my crush since I was 4-year-old. Some things never change.

3. Upload a heartwarming picture that makes you smile.

 That's my boyfriend making silly faces next to a snowman we built this winter. There was a snowshoe race on the snowshoe track the next day. Marco (the snowman) was there to cheer on them.

4. When was the last time you ate a vine-ripened tomato.

About ten days ago. They came from the above boyfriend's grandparents' garden. I had 4 such tomatos, all of which were super yummy.

5. Name one habit that causes others to plot your demise.

Acting as though I haven't heard sarcasm when I did. When people are sarcastic with me, I like to keep going as though I never noticed. Then they point out they were sarcastic and I answer "I know." Most people don't know how to react to this. It's rather fun.

6. What's the weirdest, most disgusting job you've ever had to do? 

In Quebec empty bottles of beers are brought back to the grocery. We bring them to the backstore, sort them and place them on delivery pallets for pick-up. Apparenlty people don't think they should rinse their bottles. It always stinks, and even with gloves I get beer juice on my hands and arms, and cut myself every two weeks or so.

Oh, and that lime in Coronas ? Not so nice after a month or two. Not at all.

7. Where da muffin top at?

It met this really nice croissant girl and they hooked up together, and they had chocolate croissant babies. Yum.

8. What author introduced you to your genre?

Tolkien. Is anyone surprised by this? It was Tolkien before Rowling, by a very thin margin. I started reading LotR at the same time as our teacher read HP in my 6th grade class. I finished long before her.

9. Describe yourself with a few latin words.

... I wish French would be enough for this. :P

"Et concitaverunt mulieres LASCIVUS" Yeah!


Now I'd love to pass this award to fellow writers, whose blog I enjoy every week:
Caitlin at Logically   (yeah, I know SB stole my fire, but you get it twice) 
Hillary J. at Impudent Hatchlings
Lynda at W.I.P. it  , whom I've just discovered but already love. 
Silent Pages at Pro(B)logue  - also a new find!


Last but not least! If you've been around the interwebs, you'll have noticed that Rachel Harrie started her third round of Writers' Platform Building Campaign. I have resisted joining in for, oh... four days? But my sanity's best pleas have failed, and despite the crazy semester I'll have, I just have to be a part of this.


What can I say? I love blogging. I love the community. And I'm already crazy, ah!


So there. It is official. I am a Campaigner!


You should give in, too. It promises to be so much fun.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats! And have fun with the Campaign. LOTS of people getting geared up for that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link! 8D

    My first blog award ever... *-* I promised myself I wouldn't cry! *sniffle*

    ReplyDelete
  3. LG: Indeed, lots of people! I hope it's worth the extra time because in two weeks, every minute of my time will become very precious.

    Silent: Here's a handkerchief! ;) It's a pleasure to pass along the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award. That's a really good snowman.
    I joined the Campaign today, so stopping by to say hey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alex! :) Yay for more people in my groups I'm *already* following. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fellow campaigner and new follower here. Happy to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You so deserve that award!

    And yay for joining up! I guess my subtle messages worked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey sheri! :)

    Sommer`I'm sorry but... subtle? You were not subtle. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a fellow campaigner and Sparkfest participant, but only just discovered your blog today. I'm loving it so far! Looking forward to more posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello fellow Canadian Campaigner!

    I'm in Victoria, BC.

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another Canadian campaigner here dropping in to say hello! (I'm in Hamilton, ON).

    ReplyDelete