If you'd ask me I would've said I'm anything but stylish. I'm the girl who grabs a pair of jeans in the morning and the closest shirt available. Then I tie my hair in a ponytail and voila! Finished! If my sis wasn't in costume designing, I would've no idea what style even was.
But apparently if you ask Jen (from Jen's Bookshelf), Alexe, SB at Writing the Other or Melody from The Tales of Sirius the Dragon, I'm stylish enough to merit an award. Heck, it seems Melody said as much a month ago and I just heard about it. Apparently, you're among those blogs I'm certain I follow and it turns out I don't? Mistake rectified!
And to the four of you? Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!
Here's what I'm supposed to do with this:
* Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
* List seven things about yourself
* Pass the award on to 15 recently discovered bloggers
Here are the seven things about me!
1. According to my iTunes, I have listened "Vertige" from Karkwa (a group from Quebec) 1408 times. I still love it. Very much. Sadly I can't find it on youtube. If you are curious, this is another of their song "Echapper au sort".
2. I cry every time I watch Muffassa die in the Lion King. It doesn't stop me from cheering on Scar at the end.
3. I need a hour of bed laziness before I get up. Otherwise my mind's all over the place (even more so than usual)
4. I had a hamster named after the bacteria family including meningitis and gonorrhoea.
5. I'm an accent sponge. If I speak more than a hour with someone I caught his expressions and accent.
6. When I was twelve I still wouldn't answer the phone. It scared me. I'm still not a big fan today.
7. There's nothing I love more than stepping on the ice bordering the street in spring and hearing it break. The sound is pure joy to my hear.
And, far more importantly, here are some incredible bloggers you ought to visit! Some already received the award, but they deserve it again (and again).
Sommer from Tell Great Stories, because she's sweet, constructive and wildly imaginative. Also, I heart the header.
Margo from Urban Psychopomp, for all the fantastic advice on writing and the deep reflections on what it means to be a writer.
SB, at Writing the Other – All shiny and new, and already I can't stop checking back. Great topics, great advice and a post in favour of haggis. What's not to like?
Hillary at Impudent Hatchlings, for the short, funny and pertinent posts, all the time.
Bookshelf Muse, for the incredible thesaurus entries (everything else, too!)
Jen, for being fantastic and funny all the time.
Kevin Hearne at Writer's Grove, for the great ambiance on his blog and the posts on what it's like to be published.
Susan at Ink Spells, for inspired posts on writing for kids, and just life in general.
Lydia Kang at The Word is my Oyster, for the awesome humour and lovely Medical Mondays posts.
Mia at My Literary Jam and Toast, for the eternal funnies, the zombies and the great diagram.
Adam Heine at Author's Echo for the continuous stream of great tips and constructive post. Also, check out the one on Worldbuilding tip!