Tuesday, April 12, 2011

K - Kukuburi


Today is K day! You all came a hairbreath's away from hearing how much I love Guy Gavriel Kay again. I mean, come on, his name is said like the letter. 

But no! The topic for the day is Kukuburi.

I’ve linked to two of my favourite webcomic in the past (The Meek and Hanna is not a boy’s name). This is a third, incredibly gorgeous comic, which captured my heart with its wild imagination, awesome villain and unbelievable art. Et avec la Brigade du Chapeau. Especially avec la Brigade.

Lifted directly from the site, here is a short description:
“Nadia’s daily routine as a delivery girl in the bustling Big City is disrupted one day when she passes through what seems like an ordinary white picket gate and into another world. As Nadia stumbles through this newfound land, and tries to find her place within it, she encounters its strange denizens and discovers all is not beautiful as it appears to be…”

Go! Give it a try, read a dozen pages and see if you can close your internet tab after that. I never could.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I haven't heard of either of these. Will have to check them out--thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kukuburi has a little over 100 pages at the moment, so it's not too long a read. Artist is on a hiatus at the moment, but I'd wait years if I had to. It's lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete